Wednesday, June 22, 2016

21st of June - NY



There were so many interesting and fun things yesterday. At the beginning of the day, we went to take a boat ride to the Statue of Liberty. It's smaller than I expected because I have seen lots of other huge monuments in Washington D.C. but it's still beautiful and awesome. I couldn't believe that I actually saw it because I used to see it on my television when I was a kid. I will never forget that scenery and I hope that I can go there again one day.

While I was taking some pictures, I realized that I had to leave the island and head to the second destination - The Ellis Island - where I had my lunch. After finishing our lunch, we walked to the famous Wall Street and took some photos. I thought that was a long walk, but it's not the longest.

We walked again to the 9/11 memorial. I still remember that feeling when I was watching the documentary about 911. Everyone doesn't know what to do because the thing happened all of a sudden. For the purpose of remembering those who died in this event including passengers, citizens and fire fighters, I want to take this opportunity to express our tribute.

After that, we headed to the One World Trade Center. We saw the supremely extraordinary views up there. It's worth doing it, I'm so glad to have remembered the views in my mind.

Next stop: China Town. It's a very interesting place to go in NYC because it looks so different. We had time not only to walk around and shop, but also to see the different side of NYC. My friend bought a pair of shoes, and a lot of us bought souvenirs because they're cheap. After having a free time for 45 minutes, we all met in front of McDonalds and walked to the subway!!!! The subway is kinda cool because that's the "thing" about NYC.

Arrived at our destination, we walked again to our dinner place: a Market. We had 20 minutes to look for and go around. Do you know I couldn't believe what I saw in front of eyes. How come? I found the treasure (Taiwanese beef noodles)

It's our traditional dish in Taiwan, so I felt like I go back to Taiwan already because of it. In short, we had a really fabulous dinner time

Leonardus Santoso and Sean




No comments:

Post a Comment