Friday, June 17, 2016

17th of June - Trip from Niagara to Boston with Stop in Albany







The only thing I' ve heard about Albany was about college life here, so I imagined Albany as a  really pretty, or fun place. However I realized it's not like that. 

Today we got up earlier than yesterday and set off for Boston. Everyone looked still so sleepy on the bus.
Going Boston was one of the best things, and the one I was the most excited for on this trip.

image4.JPGimage2.JPGDuring long drive, I took Chinese and Portuguese lessons  from Jasmin and Lily, and now I can say "Estou" , and I finally mastered dialog of "asking where is bathroom" in Chinese.
  
After couple hours we stopped at Albany which is famous as a capital of New York State. 

After getting off the bus for lunch and walking around, some people found Pizza place or restaurant quickly and enjoyed lunch, but my group were wondering around so long time trying to find place to eat. Maybe we chose wrong street to walk, there was really few people out and it was totally     
 Different from Michigan or Wisconsin where we stay usually. We didn't feel safe to walk.( it was definitely good experience.)

Finally we found Street with so many restaurant and went to Asian restaurant, in our 10 people group 5 people were Asian and knew dishes well,  so we explained each other how dishes on the menu would taste like. It was really interesting for me.

After lunch our group rushed to see building of capital. As you know it  was really pretty.  It looked like stunning old castle.

 I've never seen such a pretty capital building in the world. 

image2.JPGAfter visiting Albany, our driving started again, and Bagus and Leo from Indonesia lectures us about their life and country. It was really interesting to hear so much different things from our country.


We also watched "killer", it was really funny and good movie. Ashton Kutcher was really hot.
Then we finally got to Boston, biggest college town in America.
image3.JPG

 When  I saw the scenery of city with broad river from the bus I got really excited.
It seemed like much prettier than  DC.


And lining buildings or street really looked like Tokyo and Yokohama Japan where Kei and I are from.

In this trip even when we have long drive I always feel like it goes really short. 
Our awesome bus driver Paul always know nice place. He took us to nice hill park next to water. Boston was really pretty place.
image5.JPG

We had dinner from small store and many people were enjoying ice cream.

image6.JPG

Hotel was so nice and we enjoyed swimming in the pool, and went to bed super exciting for visiting Harvard University tomorrow.

Sae Yamaguchi/Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment